The 10th Annual Designer Toy Awards Nominations Are Now Open!
Nominations are now open for the 2020 awards!
Nominations can be submitted from February 4th until March 3rd, 2020, nominations can be submitted now!
This year's awards will accept nominations for releases, artists, and companies, that were active from January 1st, 2019 to December 31st, 2019.
So Get Nominating…
Answer our "Call For Entries" by adding those worthy from 2019, and don't forget... only nominated items can be considered for the awards. If you want your work to be considered please nominate it, nominations are confidential and there is no shame in nominating yourself or your own product!
Start Nominating Now!
How do the Awards work?
1. Open Nominations - Call for entries is open for anyone (yourself included) to make a relevant nomination. Nominations are private and will be used to determine the Finalists.
2. Nomination Committees - The DTAs host small committees of industry professionals and collectors, carefully matched to categories in order to take the list of nominations and to determine the Finalists. The committees meet and discuss every entry, using the published list of award criteria to make their selections. These will be published on the website as the year's official Finalists.
3. Voting - We run two voting blocks:
DTA Panel: Industry professionals make up the DTA panel. They are charged with voting once per category for the winner in the panel-voted awards. Each year new panel members are added to keep our list as diverse and relevant as possible.
Fan-Voted: The public voters contribute by getting one vote per category (which is ensured by tracking IP addresses and other means of maintaining voter integrity).
4. Winners - Winners of each category are determined by the most votes in each category. Clutter, nor The Designer Toy Awards, or Five Points Festival staff, vote in or "choose" the winners.
5. Awards Ceremony - The awards are presented at a ceremony on June 1st, 2019, during the weekend of Five Points Festival. For members of the public to attend the ceremony, you must purchase a VIP ticket for Five Points Fest.