Nominations are officially open for the 12th annual Designer Toy Awards!
Presented by Clutter, the Designer Toy Awards (DTAs) is an annual event honoring excellence and innovation in the field of Designer Toys. With categories like Breakthrough Artist, Toy of the Year, and Artist of the Year (among many others) the DTAs highlight the year's best designs, concepts, and accomplishments by both veterans and newcomers in the diverse world of Designer Toys.
Please note: As of 2022 Color-ways will now be accepted, so long as the base design of that figure has not won a prior DTA.
Nominations are open now until September 8th, 2022 (6 pm EST), nominations can be submitted now through the create nomination process!
Due to Covid19 and the world shutdowns, this year's awards will accept nominations for releases, artists, and companies, that were active from January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2021.
The 2022 awards will combine the 11th and 12th awards.
Only nominated items can be considered for the awards. If you want your work to be considered please nominate it, nominations are confidential and there is no shame in nominating yourself or your own product!
Start Nominating Now!
How do the Awards work?
1. Open Nominations - Call for entries is open for anyone (yourself included) to make a relevant nomination. Nominations are private and will be used to determine the Finalists. - All award descriptions can be seen here.
2. Nomination Committees - The DTAs host small committees of industry professionals and collectors, carefully matched to categories in order to take the list of nominations and to determine the Finalists. The committees meet and discuss every entry, using the published list of award criteria to make their selections. These will be published on the website as the year's official Finalists.
3. Voting - We run two voting blocks:
DTA Panel: Industry professionals make up the DTA panel. They are charged with voting once per category for the winner in the panel-voted awards. Each year new panel members are added to keep our list as diverse and relevant as possible.
Fan Voted: The public voters contribute by getting one vote per category (which is ensured by tracking IP addresses and other means of maintaining voter integrity).
4. Winners - Winners of each category are determined by the most votes in each category. Clutter, nor The Designer Toy Awards, or Five Points Festival staff, vote in or "choose" the winners.
5. Awards Ceremony - The awards are presented at a ceremony on October 6th, 2022, during the weekend of Five Points Festival / NYCC. For members of the public to attend the ceremony, they must have purchased a VIP ticket for Five Points Fest 2022, or purchase a special ticket. More information to follow.
Join the DTA Industry Panel
If you would like to be considered as a judging panel member, please complete this form. The more industry professionals on this panel the better!